Embracing the Nerd Within


Every year when my contacts run low, it's time to re-order more. Usually, I time it pretty well so that the old & new boxes overlap with one another. However, this time, life got ahead of me and I found myself sporting my frames for a week long.
As much as I hate wearing my glasses, I'm trying to make the most out of it. Life must goes on - work work work work.. ♪ ♫ ♬




What do y'all think about glasses with makeup? 
The reason I put on makeup isn't to impress anyone. It's for me. You'll never know how much a little eyeliner can give you that extra step during the day. I try not to put too much cake on my face when I have a frame on my face. So, here's what I decided to do for this week while I patiently wait for my dear contacts to arrive. 

p.s. Are you running late for work, or giving your face a day off? This can be a good 5 minute routine as well.

Brows. I don't have any brows, so this step is a must. If you've been blessed with beautiful brows, then go ahead and swipe on a light brow gel, and skip this step.

I have been using the Anastasia Dipbrow Pomade for quite awhile. I love how long it lasts (a full 8 hours shift). The brow gel just solidifies the shape, combing it down to its arch. For a more natural state, brush over some loose powder, so it won't look too stiff


Dark Circles. Can't let those under-eye bags peek through! Although, one good thing about glasses is the fact that it hides these dark circles a bit more. 

There's a bit of a dilemma here. I'm stuck between two favorites. One, I have been loving (& hitting pan) on the Laura Mercier Secret Concealer. I hit pan pretty quickly on this though, but it's been a fun ride nonetheless. It conceals my deep dark secret to the tee. With a little bit of loose powder, it stays through the night. However, I recently purchased the Becca Under Eye Brightening Corrector in the Sephora VIB event. It doesn't hold quite as long, but it definitely brightens up my deep dark secret. 

Base. I haven't been using foundation lately, but a little skin tint doesn't hurt. Not just the face, but a little eye contour always makes me feel a little more alert. 


I hardly wear foundations anymore, as they can be a bit too harsh on my skin especially during the hot seasons. Understandably, the CC cushions have been pretty on trend right now, and my skin thanks me. It conceals and evens up my skin, but still light enough where my pores don't feel clogged up. For those work days, I often switch over to Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua. This water-based skin tint is light and sheer, and smells oddly like Chanel no. 5. It leaves the skin feeling refined and refreshed, and properly prepped for a full day of work.

*Finishing Touches. This is completely optional. Sometimes a bit of a wing gives me a slight boost of confidence. But, if I skip this step, I will most likely curl the lashes and apply on a light layer of mascara. Doesn't hurt to brush on a light layer of some natural lips too! 

What do you do on your day off, with or without glasses? What are some products that you must have before you leave the house? Have you tried any of these - what do you think? 

sidenote: What are you reading these days? I'm always down for some new book recs~ 

xoxo,
Jo

Share:

9 comments

  1. love these products, I'm fan of Laura mercier xxo
    Jamie
    www.jamieeverafter.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your eyeglasses are pretty sophisticated, what brand?

    ♥ from www.expatpetite.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! i'm not sure, i got it from the optometrists. espoir, i think? haha

      Delete
  3. Love your eyeglasses! Such great products dear!
    Xoxo,
    Love from www.trangscorner.com {a lifestyle, fashion, beauty, and food blog}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! love the recipes on your blog!

      Delete
  4. beautiful :)
    please follow my blog : YOUNG BLOG

    ReplyDelete